Oamaru Brewery

Production date
Circa 1873
See full details

Object detail

Description
Brewery built in 1865 by Whitmore and Williams. Later became the Oamaru Brewery Company. Situated on the bank of the Oamaru Creek immediately behind J R Sewell's (now Small Bytes) shop, Thames Street. (See "Otago's Breweries, Past and Present" by Frank G Leckie (1997:129-131.) c 1873
Production date
Circa 1873
Collection type
Accession number
2610P
System ID
102738
Current Rights
No known copyright restrictions
Organisation Credit Line
Collection of the Waitaki Archive. Id 102738

Share

Public comments

Be the first to comment on this object record.

Google reCaptchaThis site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.