Southbound train crossing lower Thames Street, 1911. Itchen Street corner. Crossing keepers were replaced by traffic alarms and lights in November 1963. The last crossing keeper, C W Dorward, performed his duties for the last time on 10 November, 1963. (See The Oamaru Mail, 11 November, 1963.) Advertising sign reads "Dr Henry. J Carnegie Farquhar", (visiting American Baptist Evangelists).
No known copyright restrictions
Organisation Credit Line
Collection of the Waitaki Archive. Id 102729