"Tyne Street Oamaru about 1870". This photograph dates from 1876. The load of wool is from Morven Hills, over the Lindis Pass. It consisted of 70 bales. Top and bottom rows were packed double; the other two, triple. The smithy on the left was occupied by F Robertson from 1870 to 1878. Next are Carr's Carriage Factory (not occupied at the time of the photograph), the Bank of New Zealand (built 1864-65), Dalgety Rattray & Co (built in 1864; occupied by Fleming and Hedley from 1871), Finch, Wine and Spirit Merchant (from 1869 - not occupied at time of photograph).
Glass plate negative
H 120mm x L 163mm
No known copyright restrictions
Organisation Credit Line
Collection of the Waitaki Archive. Id 101974