Waitaki House. Opened in 1876

Production date
Circa 1877
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Waitaki House. "The left half of these buildings was opened on 8th April,1876 and was at first occupied by J.H. Milligan, Outfitter, and W. Carncross, Stationer.The building at right was completed in 1877". Musical Depot, New Zealand Clothing Factory, James Bee.
Production date
Circa 1877
Collection type
Accession number
89P
System ID
100122
Current Rights
No known copyright restrictions
Organisation Credit Line
Collection of the Waitaki Archive. Id 100122

Colours

Share

Comments


Building on the right was called Oamaru House. Contractor for the stone work on both buildings was James Calder. Descendants still farm at Ardgowan today. He also built the first windmill for Mr Hassell up on south hill plus a number of other buildings around North Otago.

- Allan Steel

Posted on 06-10-2019 04:02:50



Disclaimer

The development of Culture Waitaki’s collection online is a continual process. Records are updated regularly, with new information and images. There may be mistakes or omissions in the information provided and we welcome input from the public. High resolution copies of images may be available for purchase, please see FAQs for further details.